Acupuncture for Veterans
We are now in network with the VA for Acupuncture! Everyone who qualifies for medical coverage through the Department of Veterans Affairs automatically qualifies for 100% covered Acupuncture treatments through the Veterans Choice Program.
The benefits of Acupuncture may include:
- Improved mental clarity, concentration, and memory
- Decreased nightmares, hyper-vigilance, and flashbacks
- Reduced anxiety and irritability
- More restful sleep
- Increased energy
- Improve overall function and well-being
How the VA Program Works
For a veteran to access services through the program, there must be direct authorization and referral for acupuncture. However, it is patient (veteran) driven. The protocol is as follows:
- The veteran seeks care from the VA
- The VA determines, based on eligibility criteria, that the veteran should receive acupuncture from a community provider.
- The VA engages a community provider (Anoka Massage & Pain Therapy) to accept referral and method of delivery
- The VA schedules an initial appointment with Anoka Massage & Pain Therapy and sends referral packet.
- The veteran self-schedules an appointment following our acceptance of referral.
- The veteran receives care from an Anoka Massage Acupuncturist.
- Anoka Massage sends the medical record to the VA.
- Anoka Massage bills the VA for the care provided.
Acupuncture is seen as reasonable and necessary complementary care to deal with the management of pain and is a viable alternative to opioids for pain management.
Do you have questions? Contact us to schedule a complimentary consultation. We have acupuncture appointments available this week, call or schedule online.