Medical Massage Pain Therapy
Anoka Massage and Pain Therapy is the area’s leading complementary and integrative medicine (CIM) therapy clinic specializing in pain management. Besides having on-site acupuncture treatments, Anoka Massage & Pain Therapy specializes in Medical Massage Therapy. Medical Massage is an advanced discipline of massage therapy. Our Medical Massage Therapists are highly skilled, hands-on therapists in treating those with injuries and chronic pain.
Medical Massage differs from regular massage and bodywork in that the treatment is specifically directed to resolve conditions diagnosed by a medical doctor or related to an accident. Patients may have a physician’s diagnosis and/or referral prior to receiving treatment. Medical massage is administered after a thorough assessment/evaluation by the medical massage therapist.
Your individualized Medical Massage will focus on functional outcomes and results will be measurable. Your therapist may use a variety of modalities or techniques during the treatment, but will focus the treatment on the specific areas of your body related to the diagnosis. This enhances the body’s natural self-healing process and reduces the needed recovery time from injury.
Ongoing evaluations of symptoms are tracked throughout the treatment plan to measure progress, and will be shared with your referring physician and Healthcare Providers. With proper documentation, we will directly bill your Auto Insurance or Workman’s Comp Insurance for your convenience.
Medical massage is useful in addressing conditions such as:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Piriformis syndrome
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Pain associated with bulged or injured spinal disks (medical massage cannot ‘fix’ the disk, but can help alleviate much of the pain associated with the injury).
- Pain associated with pregnancy
- Range of motion issues
- Back and Neck pain
- Plantar fasciitis (involving pain in the foot)
- Repetitive use injuries such as those listed and tennis elbow, Golfer’s elbow
- Pain associated with restricted fascia
- Pain associated with postural imbalances
- Muscle cramps
- Restless Legs Syndrome
- Sports/Exercise injuries
- Work Injuries
- Auto Injuries
- Edema (swelling)
- Injuries sustained in traumas such as falls or automobile accidents
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (numbness/tingling in hands/arms)
Please call Anoka Massage and Pain Therapy today to reclaim your life and begin living pain free! We are located in Anoka, MN Just West of Mercy Hospital 763.421.2807