Every November through December, you’re surrounded by food – lots of it. At the same time, the holidays can be very stressful if you’re hosting loved ones or missing them.
Food plus stress is often a recipe for disaster, but there are steps you can take to beat holiday excess:
- Fill up on healthy snacks, like fruits, veggies and nuts, before meals.
- Bring your own low-calorie dish to potlucks.
- Watch your portion size, especially at buffets. It’s okay to enjoy some of your favorites in moderation.
- Skip sugary drinks, fatty sauces and salty processed foods.
- Make fresh fruit your dessert.
Also, plan at least two-and-a-half hours of physical activity a week. You can sneak workouts between parties or bring others along for a walk or dancing.
If you find your waistline expanding this season, check in with our Natural Health Consultant for some nutrition support and weight loss tips. If you find yourself in need of some some fitness motivation, try a Personal Training Consultation. Stress Management questions? Set up a Private Yoga Session or schedule a massage for some much needed rest and relaxation. No matter what you need, Anoka Massage & Pain Therapy is here to help you feel your best!