About one-third of Americans have high blood pressure, which raises your risk for heart disease and stroke. If you don’t have high blood pressure, you can take steps to prevent it. These healthy habits can help you keep your blood pressure normal:
- Eating healthy foods and limiting salt and alcohol intake.
- Being physically active.
- Maintaining a healthy weight.
- Learning to relax, manage stress and cope with problems.
- Quitting smoking to protect your blood vessels.
- Start a self care routine including Acupuncture and massage.
If you have trouble keeping your blood pressure in check or have a family history of high blood pressure, please talk to one of our Acupuncturists.