Follow these tips for a healthy spring diet that supports your liver.
- Eat light. Overeating taxes your liver.
- Eat greens. Sprouts, wheatgrass, spinach, kale and dandelions are particularly good foods in the spring.
- Eat sour? Sour is the flavor associated with spring, however sour flavors are only recommended for certain constitutions. Instead of dousing your greens with vinegar or lemon juice dressings, consult with me to find out what flavors are best for you.
- Drink milk thistle tea. Milk thistle detoxes your liver.
- Season your food. Pungent spices like basil, fennel, marjoram, rosemary, caraway, dill and bay leaf are excellent for spring cooking—and they taste good.
By keeping your wood balanced and your liver healthy you will be happy. You’ll feel vital, flexible and clear. If you have questions about healthy spring acupuncture practices feel free to call us for recommendations. 763.421.2807