- Anoka Massage & Pain Therapy710 East River Road
Anoka, MN 55303
Mon - Fri 9:30am-8pm Saturday 10am-4pm
- Lose It: Weight Loss And Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Gua Sha for Healthy Skin
- Acupuncture for Carpal Tunnel
Traditional Chinese Medicine or TCM is all about balance. In this ancient system, the key to health is to move through the world in such a way that our bodies can remain in homeostasis, in balance. This idea connects to sleep patterns, what we eat and ultimately the flow of Qi, or energy, throughout the body.… Read the rest
Traditional Chinese medicine says aligning your diet with the seasons is one of the best ways to stay healthy. Mother Nature provides exactly what we need to be healthy. Paying attention to the fruits, vegetables and herbs that grow during different seasons in the region where you live is a great way to incorporate the philosophies of traditional Chinese medicine into your own life and access greater healing.… Read the rest
Ginseng is said to resemble a human body in shape, and it has been used for years in Asia. Recently, it has become a popular item in Western culture. Many claims about this root have been advertised, such as its reputation for extending longevity and its use for stamina and endurance. Let’s look at the types of ginseng and the differences.… Read the rest
Many people like to add walnuts to food to add some zest and a little crunchy kick, but walnuts are much more than a flavor additive, as they are chock full of healthy properties and have been used in Asia as an overall health tonic and brain booster for years. Let’s take a nutty look at walnuts.… Read the rest
Do you consider yourself a healthy eater? Do you follow the guidelines set forth by the government for healthy eating? Or have you gone rogue? There are as many different definitions of healthy as there are colors in the rainbow. But according to traditional Chinese medicine, there are certain guidelines that will keep the body happy and healthy throughout life.… Read the rest
Traditional Chinese Medicine, a medical system that has been around for nearly 3,000 years, views the body differently than modern medicine. When the body is broken down to its core, its tiniest molecules can be classified as energy. This means every element of the universe resides within the human body, to some degree. And every organ has its own properties and energies that must remain balanced for the body to function properly.… Read the rest
Everybody knows that food is what gives our bodies the energy we need to survive. But not everybody is aware that certain foods should be consumed during specific times of the year. In areas like the Midwest, where fruits and vegetables are harder to keep on hand when the weather becomes colder, this principle is followed a little more closely.… Read the rest
Soda and sports drinks are the largest source of added sugar in the American diet.
Did you know?
- Drinking just one 12-oz. soda every day, or 7 sodas per week, can increase your risk of dying from heart disease by almost 1/3.
- Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the U.S.
- Too much added sugar from soda and sports drinks can overload critical organs over time, leading to serious diseases like:
- Heart Disease
- Liver Disease
Americans consume an average of 66 pounds of added sugar each year!
Did you know?
- The American Heart Association recommends no more than 6 teaspoons of added sugar per day for women and 9 teaspoons per day for men.
- Yet, we are eating way more than that.
- Americans consume an average of 19.5 teaspoons of sugar per day.
Too much added sugar doesn’t just make us fat. It can also make us sick.
Did you know?
- Growing scientific evidence shows that eating too much added sugar over time is linked to health problems, including serious diseases such as heart disease, diabetes and liver disease.
- Long-term, excessive consumption of added sugar can also disrupt your bodyʼs natural hormonal balance, creating a condition called metabolic syndrome, which is linked to many forms of chronic disease.