- Anoka Massage & Pain Therapy710 East River Road
Anoka, MN 55303
Mon - Fri 9:30am-8pm Saturday 10am-4pm
- 5 Reasons to get Acupuncture this Fall
- Herbal Tonics for Fall
- Acupuncture and Hay Fever
Many people like to add walnuts to food to add some zest and a little crunchy kick, but walnuts are much more than a flavor additive, as they are chock full of healthy properties and have been used in Asia as an overall health tonic and brain booster for years. Let’s take a nutty look at walnuts.… Read the rest
Do you consider yourself a healthy eater? Do you follow the guidelines set forth by the government for healthy eating? Or have you gone rogue? There are as many different definitions of healthy as there are colors in the rainbow. But according to traditional Chinese medicine, there are certain guidelines that will keep the body happy and healthy throughout life.… Read the rest
Traditional Chinese Medicine, a medical system that has been around for nearly 3,000 years, views the body differently than modern medicine. When the body is broken down to its core, its tiniest molecules can be classified as energy. This means every element of the universe resides within the human body, to some degree. And every organ has its own properties and energies that must remain balanced for the body to function properly.… Read the rest
Everybody knows that food is what gives our bodies the energy we need to survive. But not everybody is aware that certain foods should be consumed during specific times of the year. In areas like the Midwest, where fruits and vegetables are harder to keep on hand when the weather becomes colder, this principle is followed a little more closely.… Read the rest
Soda and sports drinks are the largest source of added sugar in the American diet.
Did you know?
- Drinking just one 12-oz. soda every day, or 7 sodas per week, can increase your risk of dying from heart disease by almost 1/3.
- Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the U.S.
- Too much added sugar from soda and sports drinks can overload critical organs over time, leading to serious diseases like:
- Heart Disease
- Liver Disease
Americans consume an average of 66 pounds of added sugar each year!
Did you know?
- The American Heart Association recommends no more than 6 teaspoons of added sugar per day for women and 9 teaspoons per day for men.
- Yet, we are eating way more than that.
- Americans consume an average of 19.5 teaspoons of sugar per day.
Too much added sugar doesn’t just make us fat. It can also make us sick.
Did you know?
- Growing scientific evidence shows that eating too much added sugar over time is linked to health problems, including serious diseases such as heart disease, diabetes and liver disease.
- Long-term, excessive consumption of added sugar can also disrupt your bodyʼs natural hormonal balance, creating a condition called metabolic syndrome, which is linked to many forms of chronic disease.
Oriental medicine (OM) nutrition combines ancient wisdom with modern science. OM nutrition is a holistic approach, which aims to balance all five flavors within most meals with one or two flavors being emphasized for therapeutic purposes. OM nutrition for a hypertension emphasizes bitter flavors, sour flavors and energetically-cooling foods.
OM theory states the bitter flavor benefits the heart in moderation but an excess is harmful as it has a drying effect; for example, coffee is bitter.… Read the rest
As the school year kicks back into gear so should the healthy habits that you and your children have before practiced. Notice how I said “practiced,” because we all know during the summer-vacation months we tend to indulge a little. Maybe you have had one too many backyard barbecues, or three too many trips to the favorite ice cream shop down the street.… Read the rest
In addition to using acupuncture and other forms of traditional Chinese medicine, there are other ways athletes seek to up their game. One of the simplest ways to increase performance is by watching what you are consuming. You ever heard the saying you are what you eat? Chances are you have, if not, well I am glad that now you have, because there could not be a truer statement.… Read the rest